To improve the efficiency of the legal function, strengthen the reliability of documents, prevent litigation and fraud, and improve the visibility and profitability of the organization, Taj lawyers assist their clients in auditing the legal function. This audit consists of a comprehensive analysis of the organization and functioning of the legal function, and includes:
- A study of existing modus operandi (legal strategy, contractual policy, use of external counsel, legal monitoring, legal training, updating of contractual models, working tools);
- The identification of competencies within the group legal function (head office) and the local legal functions with regard to best practices;
- The analysis of the functioning of the group legal function and the local legal functions;
- A study of the budget dedicated to the legal function
- The identification of internal customers to interview.
The objectives of the audit of the legal function
The purpose of the audit of the legal function offered by Taj's lawyers is to determine the elements of the organization and the way of functioning of the Legal Function within the organization to limit the legal risks.
It consists of an assessment of the relevance of the internal control system while proposing areas for development in order to improve the system.
Our assistance is also dedicated to identify the ability of the current organization and the internal control system to give reasonable warranty on the legal compliance of the practices of the various activities of the group, on the prevention of disputes (description of Strengths and weaknesses).
The audit of the legal function also enables to assess best practices and to highlight the specificities of the organization (advantages and disadvantages of the various organizational methods), to study areas of progress, to focus on some particular topics where appropriate, and proves to be a particularly effective tool for preventing fraud.