We work with national and international banking and financial institutions and their intermediaries on a daily basis. Our team boasts in-depth knowledge of and experience in handling the legal and regulatory issues specific to the financial sector.
In particular, we have experience:
- Creating and assisting regulated entities throughout their life-cycle (authorizations, changes in authorizations throughout the life-cycle, organizing governance, compensation and outsourcing schemes, drafting the legal documentation regulating the activities and services conducted, reorganization and restructuring operations, including M&A);
- Structuring and distributing banking and financial products (structuring UCITSs and FIAs, banking products, payment and investment services, advising on the application of consumer law rules, monitoring European passport procedures and assisting with issues related to direct marketing in the banking and financial sector) ;
- Designing compliance, internal control and risk-management systems (internal policies and procedures, compliance diagnostics, risk-mapping, compliance programs, recurring inspections and audits);
- Strategic legal and regulatory monitoring and training (customized legal and regulatory monitoring, training for managers and key employees, training programs in partnership with market associations);
- Assistance in the context of pre-litigation and litigation brought before the AMF, the ACPR, the ECB and the AFA (crisis-management, preparation for inspections and investigations, negotiating settlements, representation before disciplinary commissions, assistance in determining defense strategies and implementation of remedial measures).
In order to guarantee complete coverage of your needs, we work in close collaboration with our teams specialized in Financial Sector Tax, Business Law, Corporate M&A, Compliance and Legal Management Consulting, but also with Deloitte’s various consulting practices (Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Consulting, etc.).